True Change Begins With You – Working With Us
Strongfield Environmental Solutions is currently seeking Environmental Assistants to join our team.
Strongfield Environmental Solutions provides reclamation services and monitoring to many clients throughout Western Canada and beyond. Environmental Assistants are responsible for supporting Environmental Technicians implement reclamation activities.
Successful candidates will gain a thorough understanding of industrial operations and regulatory requirements within the reclamation space.
These positions are exclusively field-based and include shift work of various durations. To enjoy this work and find success, you must enjoy the outdoors, have a dedication to working safely in all environments, and the desire to travel for these experiences. If you will have a hard time being away from home for up to 24 days at a time, this job is not for you. Spring and summer are busy but there are ample opportunities to relax during the winter time.
- Mixing Herbicide
- Calculating rates
- Hand spraying herbicide / vegetation control
- Boom spraying with UTVs
- Unload and load equipment
- Mechanical seedbed preparation
- Applying soil tackifier
- Taking photographs
- Mapping via GPS
- Hazard Assessment & records keeping
- Regulatory Compliance
- Prepare accurate timesheets and relevant documentation
- Equipment maintenance and safety
- Site inspections
- Keeping accurate field notes
- Read and navigate using a map when cellular coverage lacks signal
- Construction of field-exclosures
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Class 5 Advanced Operator License with clean abstract
- Physical fitness and ability to work on foot outdoors for up to 12 hours daily
- Efficient problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Dedication to working safely
- Able to drive confidently off-road
- Able to exercise good judgement in situations not covered by policies and procedures
- Previous farm or environmental experience an asset
- Ability to drive and back-up a trailer an asset
- Ability to operate skid steer and tractor an asset
- Plant Identification
- Soil classification
- Knowledge of contemporary agricultural practices
- Safety tickets: First Aid CPR III/ GDII, H2S, CSO, WHMIS, CSTS, ATV/UTV
Please submit your application to www.strongfieldenviro.com including your resume (with two references) and a cover letter that outlines why you would be a great fit for the Strongfield team.